Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Welcome to For the Love of Art Swap Blog

I recently decided to join the Document Life Project which in a sense was an art journal throughout the entire year. Now keep in mind I hadn't done art since I was junior in high school but always loved it. I was never really good at it but the older I have gotten I realizes it's not about how good you are but the fun you have making it. Yesterday we unfortunately had a member express her opinion that when we asked questions, talked about mail art swapping or our heath was us being disrespectful to the group. Because of this I decided to open a group where we can discuss and talk about all things that are art related and positive. 

So far these are some of the things we will be doing.

  • Happy Mail Swap- We will have our members give us ideas on what they would like to swap each month. I mean whats better than getting beautiful happy mail. 
  • Topics list- Members are encouraged to let us know what they want to hear or learn about. I am keeping the list and will make sure that we cover each and every topic. We will be posting links and blogs to help the visual learners like myself. 
  • Sale/Swap Board- I personally have tons of art supplies I no longer use so we will have a sale/swap board. You can post items you are looking to sale and swap along with a price. It is up to you to negotiate the deal and transfer of money. We are simply offering a forum for you to be able to post it on.
I will also be doing a blog for our group. Lord help me since this is the first blog I have ever done. I want to document how beautiful each and every one of you are. I have seen so many kind gestures and kind words flow the past couple of days. These should be acknowledge. 

My goal with this is to be able to discuss anything we want about art using any tools we can provide. Not everyone is as financially blessed as some so e will make sure everyone is able to get what they need in order to participate in the great group. Please let me know of any ways you can think of to improve our group. REMEMBER this group is word of mouth so please spread the word and invite as many people as you can. There is so much knowledge amongst all of us.

Please understand up front that these things will not be tolerated and the member will be immediately kicked off if any of those occur:

  • Negative comments
  • Bullying
  • Making fun of anyone, artwork or questions anyone might ask.
Give me your feedback and let me know your thoughts. That is how we are going to ensure the success of this is to make sure it is meeting everyone needs. 

Best regards,

Tina Canupp


7 comments:

  1. Awesome first post Tina! Looks great! Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? First blog? Then you must be a writer of some sort? It looks awesome!!! ♡ Can't wait to follow along on this journey! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I also can't wait to follow along on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I will give it my best and make you all proud.

    ReplyDelete